Saturday, December 15, 2012

Windows! Electric! Clay Straw!

electric straw walls windows

Since one of my biggest pet peeves are windows that you have to be a champion weight lifter to open or close (and god forbid you ever paint them, then you will NEVER OPEN THEM AGAIN!!!), my windows simply swing open like a door, and are held shut with a metal hook and eye. I plan on having screen material to roll down and fasten in place to keep out bugs in the summer, and I plan on putting (temporary) vertical bars over the window to keep my toddler from falling out. Looks like we will have as many as four outlets inside, including one in the loft. There will also be a switch in the loft for the overhead light, so we can turn it on and off without getting out of bed. I didn't realize how cheap it was to put multiple outlets in! It costs about a dollar each.

2 comments:

  1. woah! it's really starting to take shape!! the windows look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only advice is to rethink the roof over hang length, a short overhang on a natural plaster wall is certain doom in that it does nothing to help protect the plaster from rain. I would suggest a minimum 2 foot overhang as this will keep more rain off the walls and the house in more direct shade in the summer.
    The house looks great!!

    ReplyDelete