Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Metal up, light clay straw started!

rafters 1

 Things are progressing faster now that we are working 2-3 days per week. I put the rest of the loft floorboards down... unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention while I was doing it! The nails totally missed the joist and are sticking out the other side.

  bad nailing job

 Decided to throw in another window up here:

  knee wall

 We started filling the walls with clay and straw!! I'm a little nervous about this part.... there is a lot of wall to fill, and it's a little cold to be elbow deep in cold, wet clay every day. I'm going to try using kitchen gloves to stay dry...

  clay straw

Now that the roof is on... we don't have to haul stuff to and from the shed or from my parent's house!!

  roof upbaby in house

No comments:

Post a Comment